Winter 2022 - Player Development Program
|PERFORMANCE SKATING and EDGE CONTROL||FORWARD and DEFENCE POSITIONING SKILLS||FUNDAMENTALS||GOALIE DEVELOPMENT|
|Sessions for this program will be focused on proper stride technique while getting better on their edges. Teaching players how to maximize their edges and ability to change direction quicker on the ice. Hockey is a fast game with speed and agility. Skaters will be challenged to increase their confidence on both inside and outside edges.
THIS IS NOT A LEARN TO SKATE PROGRAM. Players registering for this program must have the ability to stop and turn both directions.
|This program teaches players awareness of positions for DEFENCE, CENTRE and WING. Small details involved in playing these positions specializing in skills specific to them. As well as working together in all zones on the ice to create offence, puck support and defending the zone 5 on 5. Individual defensive positioning, battle and compete, angling and more.
||This is for player’s early development and fairly new to hockey. Just learning how to skate or in the first 2 season of U6 and U7. It is open to newer players in our association up to U11. Players will be divided up into groups of similar skill within the group and challenged to improve their skills in a FUNdamental environment.
||Under the design of Pirate alumni, Austin Caktas these sessions will be tailored to all age groups and levels. Whether you are trying it out for the first time or a rep goalie we will be accommodating your needs and making it suitable for your game. Areas we will focus on are: mobility, positioning, proper post-save recovery, visual tracking, stick work, puck handling and game situation awareness. Come on out and improve your game.|
These skater programs are under the direction of Director of Hockey Operations, Doneau Menard.
LEAD Instructors for the programs are our own great coaches with many years of experience.
Robert Whidden: 2020/21 U13 A1 Head Coach, 2021/22 U11 A2 Head Coach
Jeremy Heuchert: 2019/20 U11 A2 Head Coach, 2021/22 U13 A2 Head Coach
Mike Di Stefano: 2019-2022 U11 Assistant Coach, 2021/22 U13 A1 Head Coach
Devon Bouillon: 2019-2022U6 Head Coach, 2021/22 U7 Head Coach
Austin Caktas: Pirate alumni
Please arrive no earlier than 30 minutes. If possible, to avoid close contact, have your player come ready with their hockey gear on.
- FUNDAMENTALS with Coach Jeremy Heuchert
- U6/U7- Wednesdays - 4:00 PM to 5:15PM Starting Jan. 5, 2022- Arena 1
- U8/U9 Advanced Puck Control/Shooting with Coach Robert Whidden
- U8/U9 - Mondays - 4PM to 5PM Starting Jan. 10, 2022 - Arena 1
- Transition Positioning - D and Fwd Skills with Coach Robert Whidden
- U9/U11 C - Mondays - 5:15PM to 6:15PM Starting Jan. 10, 2022 - Arena 1
- U11 REP Advanced Skills and Drills with Coach Mike Di Stefano
- U11 A - Fridays - 5:15PM to 6:15PM Starting Jan. 7 2022 - Arena 1
- U13 REP Advanced Skills and U15 Checking Prep with Coach Jeremy Heuchert
- U13A/U15A - Wednesdays - 5:15PM to 6:15PM Starting Jan. 5, 2022 - Arena 1
- Goalie Development with Coach Austin Caktas
- Fridays - 4:00PM to 5:00 Starting Jan. 7, 2022 - Arena 1
- $175 (Drop-in $25)