Return to Phase 2
As you know, the daily count of COVID-19 infections has been increasing since we started the season in September. Port Coquitlam Minor Hockey Association takes the concerns around the safety of all our members seriously and we choose to err on the side of caution when it comes to protecting our members and their families. With consultation with ViaSports, BC Hockey, Pacific Coast Amateur Hockey Association, and the City of Port Coquitlam, we would like to let our members know that we are implementing Phase 2 of Return to Hockey and additional safety protocols until further notice:
- Starting November 12, we are resuming hockey operations in Phase 2 of Return to Hockey as outlined on our website.
- Coaches and team officials will continue to wear face masks when not on ice and follow Phase 2 of Return to Hockey on ice.
- Players to continue to wear face masks when entering the arena until they put their helmets on and when leaving the arena.
- Players to sit 6 feet apart when getting ready on the bleachers and to use both benches to stay physically distanced.
- Coaches and players should continue to remain 6 feet apart when on ice.
- Teams to hold practices with focus on development. No games/scrimmages of any lengths are permitted.
- Spectators are not permitted in Port Coquitlam Community Centre arenas.
- Parents to adhere to physical distancing measures when waiting outside and wear a face mask when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
We are implementing these changes with focus on the health and safety of our members. Let’s all do our parts to get back to Phase 3 of Return to Hockey.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
PCMHA, Executive Officers
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.