New PHO Updates
Hello PoCo Pirates,
As we are navigating these unprecedented times this season, we need to be flexible to ensure the continuity of hockey in our community. In consultation with our governing bodies, please see the following changes pertaining to November 19th Provincial Health Orders:
- Teams can follow the Phase 3 of Return to Hockey procedures.
- Effective today, November 24th, Pacific Amateur Hockey Association (PCAHA) with input from Minor Hockey Associations (MHA) has created new cohorts. The teams can only participate in a cohort within own MHA. Depending on the size of each division, these new cohorts can have a mix of Rep (A) and House (C) teams with the following new rules.
- A and C teams can mix their benches before start of a game to create a fun and balanced environment for all players.
- This does not change the official team roster, nor it changes the way teams currently practice. At game time coaches will move players between benches to balance the teams during that game.
- In a combined A and C teams, games to follow the lower team’s rules i.e. U18A playing U18C needs to play by U18C rules (no hitting).
- The new cohorts can play additional sanctioned exhibition games until Dec. 17th. This way teams can be ready to join a new cohort in an event if games with other associations are allowed in round 3 starting in the New Year.
- PCAHA is releasing new game schedules with the new cohort today.
- No carpooling is allowed unless it can be done in a COVID safe manner.
- All participants need to wear a face mask when entering and exiting the facility. Masks can be removed when on the ice.
- No spectators are allowed inside or outside the rink. That means no congregation outside in the parking lot.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.